Dec 15, 2015

Silver and Gold 12 Tags of Christmas

tag 1

As promised, I'm sharing the last of my 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style with you this week.  Today's tag was based on one of my favorite's of Linda's.  Linda used the gorgeous snowflake die and embossing folder set by Tim Holtz that she carries in her shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  It is a must have!  Definitely on my wish list, but I had to use what I have, well, what my friends have in this case!  I borrowed this gorgeous tree die from my friend Bonnie and used it instead.  I glued a hymnal page to a piece of chipboard and cut it out, then sponged Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges.

tag 2

For my background I did some inky dipping in Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap.  Then I did a rag technique with gesso, which I was quite pleased with.  I used a baby wipe and scrunched it up to make my "rag."  I was very inspired by the asymmetrical design in Linda's tag, as well as her beautiful use of ivory and gold.  In the end I didn't pull off the asymmetry, but you just have to go with what looks best.

tag 3

I wished I had a mini deer die, but do not.  I decided to use this new stamp I picked up for a buck and double embossed it in gold to try to create the silhouette effect.  I embossed silver snowflakes randomly for contrast.

tag 4

I treated the edges of my tag with a gold foil treatment.  Love this!

tag 5

To top it off I stamped this pretty sentiment and bundled some silver tattered foliage and two real pine cones.  I picked hundreds of these up on a girl scout trip to the NC mountains.  :)  I used sheer shimmery ribbon to create a bow.  Lastly, I gave everything a dose of white puff paint to create faux snow.  

To see all of my 12 Tags of Christmas click HERE.

tag 6

I'm sharing with The Funkie Junkie for her 12 Tags of Christmas challenge HERE, with SSS Monday for their Just a Pinch challenge HERE (I used a touch of foil), with Stamping Sensations for their Stamp & Ribbon challenge HERE, with RRR for their Shimmer & Sparkle challenge HERE, with Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for their Silver & Gold challenge HERE, with Countryview Crafts for their Create a Scene challenge HERE, and with TioT for their Snow challenge HERE.

19

24 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is yet another beautiful tag Autumn I love, love that Reindeer in gold also the branches and Pine Cones in fact I love everything you have done to create this wonderful tag
hugs
lorraine x

Bonnie Garby said...

Fabulous tag! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

jenn shurkus said...

love love love the vintage feel of this! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge

sarascloset said...

Autumn, I love your gorgeous take on Linda's tag! How lucky you are to have a crafty friend to share with ! I love the tree and your addition of the hymnal page and your buck buck! You have done an AWESOME job with the tags, and you are such an inspiration to me! Thank you for all your support! Now I need to get back in the Closet to finish # 12! then I'll be back to catch up with you! Big hugs!

Carol said...

A gorgeous tag Autumn, love all the different textures. Carol x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous multi media tag! Love all the glorious texture

rachel said...

I adore this autumn - great textures - its a real beauty! Hugs rachel x

Leslie said...

What a beautiful project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in the Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Shimmer & Sparkle" challenge this time!
Hugs,
Leslie, RRR DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
Really Reasonable Ribbon DT

Jane said...

I love this tag. The snow dripping off everything looks amazing and adds such dimension. We are cold here, but NO hope of snow ever.... (okay, twice it has snowed at Christmas in my 35 years. haha)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous tag! Love all the shimmery silver and gold!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful tag Autumn - this is so 'rustic' yet elegant. Love the gold double embossing, it is so very eyecatching.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Manning Findley said...

LOVE this all the texture and colors just wonderful ... Merry Everything and Happy Always to you and your family ...

Marlies said...

A beautiful tag in lovely colours. I like the whole vintage look. Gorgeous! Marlies x

Margik said...

Fabulous tag with great textures, colors and details. I love it! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Mar DT :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This tag really is beautiful! I love your gold deer with those lovely neutrals! So pleased you added this tag to our challenge at at TIOT too! Chrisx

Juliz Design Post said...

Wonderful festive tag, love the snow and gold foil.
Hugs Julie x

Mimi said...

Autumn, I love this! Love the details! The pinecones are awesome, and they go perfect with the bough die. And the colors go so well together... very easy on the eyes and natural!

brenda said...

Running a bit late this week Autumn, but didn't want to miss taking a peek at this one with a great design and textures.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!
oxo
Susi

Words and Pictures said...

I do love Christmas in neutrals - and this is a great example of why. That musical tree is charming.
Alison xx

Mrs.B said...

HI Autun, love your take on Linda's tag, and a great idea to die cut the tree with music paper.
Thank you for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous tag! I love your take on Linda's fabulous tag. Beautiful mix with the gold and the music sheet. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Юлия Бабак said...

Снег на шишках и ёлках! Золотой оленёнок!
Мне очень понравилось у Вас в гостях!) Здесь так много всего интересного, красивого, вкусного!)))

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

So pretty, April! Your background and the Christmas tree cut from the hymnal are fantastic. The pinecones are the perfect embellishment and I love the gold foil edging - I keep forgetting to use that! I'm so enjoying your work for my challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

Popular Posts