Jul 31, 2016

Dream with Your Heart Prima Card Sketch

card 1

 This weekend I got all caught up with my project list and found time to play with the new Prima card sketch.  I am thrilled out of my mind that Prima has started a cards and tags challenge!  How amazing!  I just couldn't let the opportunity pass to make something.  <3

sketch

process 1

I used clear gesso to cover a piece of 6x6 Prima paper, then used texture paste to stencil the design.  Next, I dropped a few drops of several colors of Color Bloom sprays onto my palette and mixed them with water to create lighter shades of my sprays to coordinate with my choice Prima flower.

process 3

The bottom piece is the same paper line, only glued to thin recycled chipboard for stability.  I used the tag to mop up any excess color, as not to waste it.

card 2

I used a portion of a large stamp for this sentiment.

card 3

I embossed hearts on the chipboard and fussy cut them to make these sturdy embellishments.   I used other Prima stamps to grunge up the background.

card 4

I have these little colored flecks from years and years ago, and used gel to adhere them randomly over my finished card.  I tucked some string, some Prima leaf dies, and trim under my flower for extra fluff.

card 5

I'm sharing with:
sunlight

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

25 comments:

Karen Davis said...

Your card is absolutely divine!!! I love the colours and the gorgeous layers.

Juliz Design Post said...

Stunning card, I love your bright fresh colours against the black and your gorgeous flower.
Julie x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Autumn!! I love the beautiful colors!! The hearts look amazing!! All of the details you added are just fabulous!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card my friend!! I love it!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

talkis23 said...

Lovely details I love all thanks for playing with scrapki-wyzwaniowo this month

Tenia Nelson said...

I really HEART this!!!!!

Tee said...

Super Gorgeous card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love you rexpression "to add extra fluff" Autumn - another beautiful piece of art - love your hearts and that fabulous flower.
Blessings
Maxine

Mimi said...

Oh, Autumn... I LOVE this! It is, like, talking to me! Love your colors along with those bold hearts. And thank you for adding Aerosmith to the playlist in my head... bahaha! Taking me back to 9th grade! Ta-ta...

Vintagehandmade said...

Absolutely delightful, Autumn! Fabulous color combo and that flower is so gorgeous! I love your hearts and those cool splatters! What a spectacular design! LOVE it! Big hugs! Branka xx

Alexandra said...

Lovely card, I love the flower and the vivid colours along with the black detail, it's so pretty and textured.

JaMajka said...

Love the colors ♥ Thank you for playing along with us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

Redanne said...

Wow Autumn, this project is so beautiful, I love the gorgeous background you created for the gorgeous flower and those hearts are simply stunning. Love this - a lot! Hugs, Anne xx

SD pooja said...

Its a fantastic mixed media card ,has lot but not cluttered ,I loved it !Thanks for sharing how you made it :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, so pretty! A fabulous take on the sketch, Autumn!

Marty F said...

Beautiful, Autumn! You did an amazing job with your colors and of course I love your flower! The 4 hearts was a great choice for this sketch - I also discovered that Prima has a CAT challenge, but didn't have time to make something and mostly, not enough Prima supplies. Hope to change that!! Awesome as always, Autumn :-)

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Autumn!! Love the splattery, splashy, drippy, droppy look to this. lol. Wonderful cheery colour palette and the black accents are a great contrast! So gorgeous! hugs :)

Graciellie Design said...

The colors are stunning! I wish we lived nearby and could go mixed media shopping!

Jo Nevill said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors and the hearts.

Craftyfield said...

I need to catch up... Love your make, it has a very Prima-ish feel and beautiful colours too!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is so gorgeous. Love the images and the lovely bright colours. Happy crafting, Angela x

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous project! The colors and texture are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Monday Challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

Love that technical artsy term, "... to grunge up the background..." LOL And the pretty stamps in black worked perfectly to contrast with those happy, lively bold colors of pink and yellow! I especially like the black embossed chipboard hearts, and that your sentiment is boldly stated in black as well! Beautifully put together flowers - love how gorgeous your masterpiece is, Autumn!

Wishing you a great week-end!
hugs,
de

PaperArtsy said...

Fabby dabby!! Great colour combo and a lovely idea!! Beautiful Autumn! ~Leandra

Popular Posts