Jan 27, 2017

Tim Holtz Sizzix Album for Creativation 2017


I am so happy to share some of the projects I designed for Tim Holtz for the Sizzix Creativation 2017 booth.  I'll start with one of my favorites, this mini album featuring the new floral bird die and the small tattered florals dies.  




I constructed the album from scratch to fit the die, which is quite large!  I covered chipboard covers in papers from the Wallflower collection.  I covered the chipboard spine with the new tissue tape and attached Tim's 2-ring binder.  I cut an additional piece of chipboard for the back to cover the brads from the binder.  I simply used Tim's Textile Surfaces to attach the covers with the spine.  This stuff is seriously tacky and works great for book binding!  I can't wait to make another album with the denim.  :)


I'll try not to bore you with rambling too much about the inner pages.  Basically, I covered the chipboard pages with Wallflower paper, then layered with a variety of scraps and die cuts.


The plan is to overlay photos to these subtle pages later.


I gave the die cut flowers the same rust treatment as I gave the cover die, which I will explain below.



All of the butterflies were coated with white crackle paste, which I let air dry.  I dipped them into watery Evergreen Bough ink and dried again.  Next, I rubbed blue and brown Distress Crayons onto them and wet and smeared until I achieved the desired effect.





Each butterfly turned out differently.


Each flower turned out differently.  I cut these from very thin chipboard.





Now for some closeups of the rusty bird die.  Oh how I've fallen in love with this technique!  First, I dipped the cutout into watery Fired Brick Distress Ink.  I heat set to dry.  Next, I wiped embossing ink over it and embossed with walnut Distress embossing powder.  It has quite a gritty texture.  Then I tapped on more embossing ink, but lightly this time, not seeking full coverage.  I embossed again with bronze embossing powder.  The hint of bronze truly gives the look of worn metal.


Thanks again to Tim, Mario, and Paula for everything they did to bring the designers together for Creativation 2017!  What a blast!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

25 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Autumn, and congratulations! What a gorgeous album, and I love your amazing creativity. And what fun to see Tim pick up your album, show it off, and then flip through the pages! Big congratulations, my friend! Hugs!

scrappymo! said...

My goodness...this is so fabulous. Lots of distressing, aging, texture and beauty!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely amazing, Autumn!! Wow!! Each page is stunning!! I love the distressing and the crackle and every single detail!! What a spectacular project!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Astrid Maclean said...

Autumn, your album looks completely amazing!!! Love, love, love what you did with all the different elements. That new die looks so incredible, but I think my favourite bit is what you did with those butterflies! Stunning colours and effect!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A big congrats to you! LOVEd what you made and loved seeing it in person!

Rea' said...

Your album is so delightful ... love the textures and t colors OMG ... the techniques on the butterflies , and flowers, and other elements AMAZUNG!! Would loved to have seen this in person :)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous album full of fantastic, wonderful detail, love it. AND how awesome that you design for Tim :) Happy Weekend, Shirleyxx

Petra Swart said...

Your album looks simply amazing, Autumn - it is going to be so special when you add photo's!!! I love that metal look!!! So beautiful!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!
Hugz

Marty F said...

Congrats to you, Autumn! Your album is so beautiful and amazing! I love your color palette and all of the techniques you've done - everything just flows. So proud of you creating for Tim - WOW! You have an amazing talent and are so deserving of this honor. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Hugs!!!!

Redanne said...

Autumn, I wasn't sure about the detail bird die when I first saw it, but I am completely in love with it after seeing it on your gorgeous album! Wow, the rusting looks amazing and I love how you did each of the pages - beautiful work!! Hugs, Anne xx

Craftyfield said...

I heard your name in relation to Tim's show pieces, what an honour! Congratulations Autumn, well deserved!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Autumn this is amazing - love all the layers and colours, and your treatment of the cover die is stunning!!
Blessings
Maxine

klistersøster said...

I absolutely love your album. Good use of Tim's new dies. Thank you for sharing your tips with your back on your album, I will use the technique next time I have to make a new one. Hugs

sarascloset said...

Ok, so I totally was not in love with the bird die cut until I saw how you used it here! Fantastic album, Autumn, filled to the brim with delicious details! Love your gritty texture on the bird and flowers and the crackled butterflies! Well done on this fabulous book! I'm sure it was the hit of the show! Big hugs!

Paper Profusion said...

Well done you!!! This is superb Autumn, gorgeously made and very beautifully decorated. Congrats again! Enjoy the week ahead. Nicola x

Helen Wallace said...

Warmest congratulations on designing for the famous Tim Holtz using his new release products. What an honour and you absolutely made them sing! The colours and the textures, especially on the bird die and the butterflies are truly spectacular. Stunning Art. :D

experiments in paper said...

Autumn, I screamed with delight when I learned this exquisite little album was yours!! Congratulations, and so very well deserved! I LOVE your texture/embossing techniques throughout - and those precious flowers - so clever, and very beautiful! Way to go, girlfriend!! xxx Lynn

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I don't even know where to look - there's so much to look at! Love that textured/rusty look on the die cuts. Big congrats on being on the TH design team - wow! And big thanks for taking the time to visit my blog during all this! It always brightens my day to see your lovely comments :)

Words and Pictures said...

Simply stunning work with the dies, new and old, Autumn. Every page is full of delights, and all those different textures and the superb natural colour palette all add up to a really special make. A glorious album - amazing work!
Alison x

Mac Mable said...

Sorry I took awhile commenting on this post but wanted to sit and read it properly and boy I am so glad I did. Glorious...Your attention to detail is staggering. Lots to look at, wonderful techniques, texture and colour...Wow!!! x

Vintagehandmade said...

Wooow, Autumn, this is spectacular! I love every single page with every single amazing element! This is trully a fantastic piece of art with so many super cool techniques! I am completely in love with this one, my friend! Bravo! Big hugs! Branka xx

sarascloset said...

Autumn, I just had to stop back in for another look...this is so remarkable! I am SO PROUD OF YOU! Love and hugs!

Pawsitively Creative said...

OMG!!!! I am so stinkin proud of you dearie! How fantabulous and exciting to see your album up on the showroom floor and being showcased by TH! Wonderful and I bet you can't stop grinning from ear to ear. Applause! Applause! Applause! Your design is the best and so many lovely dies and techniques were used. You totally nailed it! Congrats and congrats!!!!! Hugz to you muffin!

FoxVerde said...

lovely, what is the name of the species of bird that is featured in the paper bird die? i'd like to know the colouring.

SewPaperPaint said...

I have no idea. To me it looks "make believe" and not realistic. Best of luck with coloring!

Popular Posts